Bulger Bulletin 2/26/2020
Field trips, and half days, and assessments, oh my! The students have been rolling with it this week, as we have been away from our usual classroom routine. Please continue reading to hear more!
We studied the Renaissance period in history this week, to prepare for and follow up our field trip to the Renaissance Fair. Students will be participating in an AZMERIT2 Writing Assessment Practice Session this Friday, February 28th. If your child has headphones, it would be helpful to bring them in and have them to use for this practice testing session. It is important for students to be here to get familiar with the test and have this experience, so please make sure your child is in attendance. Due to these events this week, there is no new spelling list or spelling test this week. There will also be no Social Studies quiz.
Students have been finishing up their essays based on the prompt, “Should Cell Phones Be Allowed in School?” This essay is due by Friday, February 28th.
The end of the quarter is coming to a close and late assignments will only be accepted through Monday, March 2nd.
STUDENT LED CONFERENCES:
Upcoming conferences in March will be student led. Students will need to be present to share their data folders and discuss their progress. Please sign up with your child’s homeroom teacher only! Sign up links are available here:
Mrs. Bulger’s Homeroom https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0D48A8AB2AA7FB6-student
Mrs. Patterson’s Homeroom https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4aa5ac2da7fd0-student
We have received some of the requested donations, but are still in need of index cards and graph paper. Thank you for your generosity!
Just a Reminder…
- Any work not completed in class should be taken home to be finished.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make up any work missed when absent.
- Office hours are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday mornings, before school at 8:05. This is a great time for students to check in regarding missing assignments, to get extra help, or just to have a quiet space to work.
- Student led conferences are on Thursday, March 5th and Friday March 6th. Please sign up according to the instructions, using the correct link provided above.
- Spring Break begins Monday, March 9th and continues through Wednesday, March 18th. School will resume on Thursday, March 19th.
Mrs. Kristen Bulger
5th Grade ELA/Social Studies
Health & Fitness