Bulger Bulletin 2/20/2020
Wow! The week just zipped right by after the long holiday weekend! Please read through this update in its entirety to get the most current information about our latest adventures in learning!
This week we have been studying “The Plans for the New Government.” We played American Trivia using student created questions from the content we studied about the early United States.
Throughout the week, students have been working on their essays based on the prompt, “Should Cell Phones Be Allowed in School?” This has been a hot topic, with students having strong points of view! This essay will be due next week.
The end of the quarter is coming to a close and late assignments will only be accepted through Monday, March 2nd.
STUDENT LED CONFERENCES:
Upcoming conferences in March will be student led. Students will need to be present to share their data folders and discuss their progress. Please sign up with your child’s homeroom teacher only! Sign up links are available here:
Mrs. Bulger’s Homeroom https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0D48A8AB2AA7FB6-student
Mrs. Patterson’s Homeroom https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0d4aa5ac2da7fd0-student
We are especially in need of glue sticks, index cards, and graph paper. These are supplies that the students use regularly and are consumed quickly. Donations would be greatly appreciated!
Just a Reminder…
- Any work not completed in class should be taken home to be finished.
- It is the student’s responsibility to make up any work missed when absent.
- Office hours are offered on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday mornings, before school at 8:05. This is a great time for students to check in regarding missing assignments, to get extra help, or just to have a quiet space to work.
- The Renaissance Fair Field Trip is Tuesday, February 25th from 8:30 am-3:00 pm.
- There is a half day on Wednesday, February 26th, with dismissal at 11:30.
Mrs. Kristen Bulger
5th Grade ELA/Social Studies
Health & Fitness